Wednesday, January 26, 2011

He's Baaaaack!

You know the feeling. You’re fast asleep and suddenly a loud noise breaks the silence of the room and you bolt upright in bed. Well this morning at precisely 4:37 the loud noise emanated from Remington.  There I was sound asleep, deeply engrossed in a lovely dream. Donny Osmond and I were running on a beach. We stopped under a huge palm tree and Donny was just about to kiss me when a dog came out of nowhere and started barking at us…”GRRRRRRR WOOF WOOF” What? Wait a minute…a dog? I wasn’t dreaming anymore…that bark was familiar. Remington! I sat up in bed and peered around the dark room. There he stood at the bottom of the bed, staring across the room, barking his newly found big boy bark. It had returned…the dreaded mirror dog!  Remy has been after that dog ever since we brought him home.  Every so often we hear barking coming from our room. When we go upstairs we inevitably find him sitting on our bed, barking and growling at the mirror dog. Usually I laugh at him, throw a sheet over the mirror and the mirror dog disappears, along with the barking. Well this morning, after glancing at the clock and realizing it was just 4:37 I was not in a laughing mood. I shushed Remy and rolled over…he kept barking. I got up and threw the spare sheet I keep on hand for just this reason, over the mirror. He stopped. Whew! I climbed back into bed, moved Rufus so I could pull a small corner of the blankets out from under him and settled down to go back to sleep. “Grrrr….GRRRR…WOOF”…what the heck was he barking at now? I rolled over and looked at the bottom of the bed. There was Remy, lying flattened out on the bed....so flat in fact that he was almost two dimensional. He had slithered to the edge and his head was hanging down…..what on earth was he doing? I sat up and looked closer at the covered mirror. Apparently I hadn’t covered the whole thing…there was one tiny corner near the bottom that was exposed allowing the mirror dog to make his appearance yet again.  I got up, pulled the sheet down to cover the whole mirror and got back into bed. Within thirty seconds he was sound asleep, snoring..hogging my pillow.

1 comment: