Thursday, October 14, 2010

I think I'll go back out...just to come home again!

I was going to continue telling you about the arrival of Rufus today, but my mind veered off in another direction. It does that...often...very often. I've always been known as sort of a scatterbrained person, but lately my brain hasn't reassembled itself after being scattered. I can be mid-sentence...mid-thought...and oops, we're on to another topic. Difficult as it may be...try to keep up, people!

This morning I went into town to run errands. I left the boys alone for a couple of hours while I ran around shopping for groceries, picking up mail, dropping off dry cleaning...the usual stuff. I hit every long line up, every slow cashier, every long red light and it seemed the rain got worse each time I had to get out of the car. By the time I got home I was soaking wet, frustrated and angry...at whom, I don't know..but I was angry nonetheless! I unlocked the door, stepped into the house and waited. What was I waiting for? Shhhhh....I heard the thump as Rufus jumped off our bed and came running down the stairs tail wagging and a big grin on his face. He jumped up on me, knocking bags flying but did I care? NO!  His tail didn't stop..he wound himself through my legs and jumped up on me again (What happened to the "off" command...our trainer would be mortified!!), and then licked my face and whined as if to say.."Where have you been, I missed you". I opened the door of Remy's crate and he launched himself at me. He hit my thighs and landed with a thud on the floor as I was knocked backwards. He gathered himself up and leaped up at me again. Someone must have installed springs in my puppy's butt because he was jumping as high as my waist...all four feet off the floor. I held my arms out and he leaped into them..a wriggling bundle of golden fur. The frustration and stress of the morning melted away as I basked in the Rufus and Remy welcome home..there is nothing quite like it! I'm thinking of going out again...just to come home again!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! Nothing like our buds to make everything right. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and you only have to leave for 5 minutes....when you come back they act like you've been gone for a week ;)

    ReplyDelete