Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Boys vs The Snowpeople

A family of snowpeople has invaded our neighbourhood and the boys have taken it upon themselves to protect us all.

 This morning as we approached one of the houses in our neighbourhood, I felt Rufus' leash tighten slightly and then start to vibrate. I looked down at him and noticed he was standing on guard, looking up at the house and I heard a low rumble coming out of him. My gentle giant was growling a warning...but at whom?? It was then I noticed four snowpeople with bightly coloured scarves tied around their necks staring blankly back at us. The rumble started getting louder...Remy heard it and he jumped on top of Rufus who growled a loud warning at him..he meant business. Remy decided this was serious and he slid off Rufus and stood beside him, hackles up, staring at the snowpeople. Rufus started stamping his feet and barking at them...they didn't move. He lunged towards them almost dragging me off my feet..still the snowpeople stood their ground. Remy joined in with his higher pitched puppy bark....that didn't scare the brave snowpeople off either. Now I had both boys straining at the ends of their leashes, barking and growling and carrying on..it was all I could do to hang on. Suddenly my feet hit a patch of ice and down I went. I tried to hang on to their leashes but they got away from me and bolted towards the alien intruders. I was sure they were going to tackle the snow family and ruin the kids' work but they didn't..no, instead they simultaneously lifted their legs on the biggest of the snowpeople, melting him slightly and happily trotted back to me...mission accomplished. They showed them who's boss. So people of our town take note, you're safe from the threat of alien snowpeople...Rufus and Remy are on guard and they'll keep their bladders full :)

No comments:

Post a Comment