Wednesday, December 8, 2010

What's YOUR favourite popsicle flavour?

I stood at the kitchen sink, sipping my coffee and watching the boys play in the snow in the backyard this morning. I smiled as I watched them leap around...tails wagging furiously. I noticed Rufus biting at Remy's face and realized Remy had a ball in his mouth that was actually the object of Rufus' desire. Remy took off at breakneck speed across the yard with Rufus in hot pursuit. Rufus caught up, rolled Remy in the snow and grabbed the ball...wait a minute.."When did we acquire a brown ball?" I thought. Uh oh...what did he have...was it a rock, a piece of charcoal out of the BBQ? These questions resulted in the need for closer inspection on my part. I donned the big sized 13 boots that Steve had left parked at the back door and shuffled out into the deep snow. As I approached, Rufus stuck his butt in the air, still holding the prize in his mouth, then ran towards me...just short of my feet he shot to one side and took off with Remy following him. They flew around the yard and ignored my "DROP IT" and "COME" commands! Rufus eventually stumbled and dropped the ball...Remy scooped it up and started tossing it in the air and catching it as he trotted around the yard. As he passed by me, he tossed it again and I realized it wasn't a ball...nor was it a rock or a piece of charcoal...it was a poopsicle! Frozen pieces of dog poop are magical treats for our boys. I usually go on Poop Patrol as soon as one of them goes but in the winter when the wind is howling and the snow is blowing, I have been known to leave it for a few hours and go out and pick up several at a time. Rufus discovered the frozen poop delicacy last winter and has taught his little brother well. Remy was so happy carrying that frozen turd around in his mouth...I didn't have the heart to make him give it up. So I let him keep it and came back in the house...reminding myself to brush their teeth when they came in! Note to anyone visiting out house this winter....it might be a good idea not to let the boys kiss you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment