Friday, October 22, 2010

Testosterone anyone?

Wow...I can't believe how many people have stopped by to read my blogs. Thank you so much to all of you who have recommended it to others. To date 298 views in total and no, it's not just me refreshing the page to get the count up ;)

Today's topic....testosterone. Not mine...although judging by the fact that I have recently had to start waxing my upper lip so I don't look like Tom Selleck, I guess I have some flowing through my body. No, this is about the testosterone streaming down the walls at our house these days. As you will recall Little Darling #1 (LD#1) has returned to live at home temporarily. It took all of five minutes of him being back in the fold, for the three boys to revert to their childhood days. In the blink of an eye the bathroom humour was flying...the gross noises were being made and the giggling commenced. Seriously...when do men cease to be amused by farts??? Never, I say! One of them makes a noise that could be compared to volcano erupting and the three of them dissolve into fits of laughter...and Dad joins in, laughing until he's crying, tears streaming down his face. He often laughs so hard he sets off his asthma and he has to go puff his inhaler...over a fart??? Seriously...what's funny???? To top it off, the cats who came along for the ride with LD#1, are both males and of course so are Rufus and Remy....I swear they all join in the giggling at butt sounds and the watching of hockey. And who pray tell, keeps leaving the toilet seat up??? Why oh why must I stumble into the bathroom at 1:00, 2:15, 3:30 and 4:45 a.m. to pee, only to find my butt sitting in 6 inches of ice cold water because someone left the seat up? While we're on the topic of the bathroom, let's talk about the hair. The hair that's all over the tub, the sink, the floor...I'm pretty sure Sasquatch lives and he's in my bathroom, folks! And the smells...oh the smells. The manly scented shampoo, the manly deodorant, the manly aftershave (four different scents) all mingling in one small bathroom when they're all done in there...it's enough to choke an elephant. Now, please don't get me wrong..I'm enjoying having the boys together under one roof again. It's been wonderful to see how close the bonds of brotherhood have remained. But oh what I'd give for some girly time right about now. Anyone out there want to come over and we can give each other pedicures and wax our lips???

Make some memories this weekend folks....enjoy your time with your loves ones and if you haven't already done so...hug your dog!

1 comment:

  1. I see this happening at our daughter's house in a few years. She already has the three boys. Only difference now is that she has a male cat & a male dog~but she does have a female dog in the house. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete